October 11, 2011

Though time may part us...

A month has passed and I'm regretful that I've not posted in that time. Life has whisked me up and drifted me through.  I'm not particularly sure which directions I'm facing, I'm headed, or I've come from...

However much it pains me to say, I get wrapped up in the daily grind and lose track of ME.  I know that I need this time, but I'm not sure how to take care of that most days.  I want so badly to be there for others in my life that I tend to put myself on the back burner.  I'm sure you're saying, "And she doesn't even have kids!"  Agreed!  I'm SO with you!  However, I actually do have 21 friends in my care daily.  
I'm supposed to guide, support, and release them daily.  I find it intriguing to create new anchors for them with which to expand their learning from each day.  I absolutely love the thinking that takes place within my captivating carnival classroom!  They're so brilliant and so often they don't even realize it.  We all have learning that takes place each day, but I have the opportunity to learn "from the mouths of babes."  It's truly amazing to see the thinking and learning that goes on inside a classroom!

From the awe of children and a top-performing school teacher workload, I go home to a football coach/grad student/hands-on hardworking man, a devoted-to-me and spoiled rotten canine, and an obviously lived-in home.  With that, comes a large close-knit family with which to spread my time and tending to the TLC of friendships.  Atop it all, I have a Savior that graces my life with his goodness and mercy and encourages me to shine my light so others may see.

Life has blessed us all with such fantastic treasures.  Some of life's treasures need tidying up every once in a while.  As I sit and reflect on my self-endeavors, I'm realizing the need I'm having of tidying up my ability to "get it all in" in conjunction with allowing my light to shine eternally.

May I leave you with this...

Pinned Image


~ #5:  To life's treasures and the ability to shine for them all. ~






FYI...It's our 3 year wedding anniversary!
And we've been together 10 years!

No comments: