Oddly enough, the words to Michael Jackson's, "Man in the Mirror," keep playing over and over in my mind.
Oddly because I was confronted with these lyrics at the beginning of this month and they're smacking me yet again this second to last day of the month. I started January and 2012 looking for ways that I could set goals for myself this year, rather than resolutions that I always wind up moving past and forgetting. I wanted to create options that can build on one another. Ways for me to improve my well-being and lead to bettering the world around me, wherever that may be.
As I reflect on the words of this song, I can't help but envision just how they're already providing motivation for this path that I'm on. A path with many twists and turns. A path I'm eager to keep rolling down and discover the plans He has for me.
My mind is sifting through,
"I'm starting with the man in the mirror,
I'm asking him to change his ways,
And no message could've been any clearer,
If you wanna make the world a better place,
Take a look at yourself
and then make a change."
I believe that as I travel this path I'm going to get to know me a little better. That's already happening.
I'm going to get to figure out what really matters in this world,
not just "my world."
I want to make a change. I want to BE THE CHANGE!
Here's what's helping my cause...
Will you join THE PROJECT? Let's SHINE together!
January 31, 2012 and forevermore...
*Look for pictures to come Friday!!*

No comments:
Post a Comment