Saturday nights are always good times when old friends get together. M has a couple of old friends, one of which from college, that wanted to meet up and introduce some new ladies to the group. They were all three fraternity brothers and built great friendships in their time at GC. They've since kept close and carried a strong bond of brotherhood.
I suppose I've lucked out in the fact that I'm oldie to this group of men. Therefore, I have the privilege of welcoming new comers just the same.
Although I've previously met one of the gals, over Christmas break, at a homemade pizza/game night M & I hosted, it was great seeing her again!
So, in meeting up, the guys put the plans together and they did a fabulous job!
After stopping in to watch a few quarters of my 7 year old nephew's basketball game, we made our rounds of "Congrats" on his win then took off for some Japanese flavor.
Source: google.com via Jordynne on Pinterest
Oddly, M & I were the first to arrive! For anyone who really knows us, you know this just isn't a normal occurrence. We nipped that in the bud (this once anyway).
Upon everyone's arrival, we made our way to the hibachi table and devoured some delicious delights while enjoying each other's company. Lots of laughs were shared. We apologized up front the poor couple that got stuck at our table. They suffered through quite well, even with a few laughs.
Source: 1.bp.blogspot.com via Jenny on Pinterest
>
Following dinner, we made our way to the bowling alley via Volvo entourage. (Great minds think alike, I suppose.) Boy, was the rest of our evening a blast?! We had some professionals and some not so professionals and even a professional quickly turned opposite. (Sorry Caitlin!) Either way, the night turned VERY interesting when our lane neighbors came along.
Long story short, I now know what "furries" are. For more info, check THIS out. We bowled alongside these "furry" friends who were also celebrating a birthday. Being as how I'm SUCH a people watcher, you can imagine how my bowl game was spent when I wasn't on the lane.
After two hours of bowling, our "oldie" selves were ready to hit the sack. With hugs and farewells, we made our departure a la casa.
Again, friends are such blessings. May we always let them know!
fyi...we now have our own button! Won't you GRAB it! (see the link on the right...just copy and paste)



2 comments:
glad you had a great weekend! how did you make your button????
I created one a wanted at photobucket, then searched for how-to's on adding grab buttons and followed their directions.
Post a Comment