March 15, 2012

Excitement sets in...



I want to be that WHO in the lives of others!

As you know, I'm changing within myself to be better able to shine His light on others. One of my goals is to increase the volunteer roles I take on.  In doing so, I've stepped forward to serve at a clinic taking place in our small town community. 

It's this Saturday!  Like 2 days from now!!!
I'm going to spend almost my entire day serving and shepherding for families in need of basic services, that many of us take for granted (dental, medical, and vision).  Might I add...all for FREE! There will be spa services, a food pantry, and clothes closet as well.  Again, all.for.FREE!

Families will be welcomed in to a local church building where they will be treated like royalty throughout the day, by a wide variety of demoninational affiliates.  Everyone providing any of the services are completely volunteer and giving forth their time to aid in bettering our community by representing Jesus Christ.

This incredible experience I speak of is titled Shelby Touched Twice.  It came about through Touched Twice United and this is the 3rd year for the event.
It's my first run and I aBsOlUteLy cannot wait to shepherd in such wonderful people to the delights of a life of SHINE.

I have no greater desire than that of becoming closer with God.  Within my growth process, I've witnessed so many great words and actions through so many other people in my life.  It's those WHO's that have set an example for me to become a WHO for others.  Even if those others are just one person.  I don't care.  One is better than none.  And that one could become one for someone else.  And that pattern could continuously move forward.  And I want to be a part of that!

I can't wait to share my reflections!!

I do hear a lot about how exhausted I'm going to be.  So, I'll try to get my reflections in process on Sunday, but I can't promise anything.




2 comments:

CB_Wilson said...

SO SO proud of you! I hope you have a very inspiring, uplifting day tomorrow and I can't wait to hear all about it! Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

What you are doing is such a blessing, you already shine light on others;) love you!