I sat through hours of workshop this week to professionally develop myself. I pondered how I might utilize this learning to shine for my students in the upcoming days. School starts this Wednesday and I could not be more motivated to shine brighter than ever for my kiddos and their lifelong learning.
All because of a quote that was displayed and read aloud to our group...
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
-Nelson Mandela
I'm working to face my fears of the unknown and my sense of control (which I believe is instilled in every educator known to man). I will be liberated from those fears so that I may shine my light for my students now and forevermore.
It truly is an unbelievable blessing to be a teacher! My calling is in the classroom. My heart belongs there and that is my home. It will be filled with 24 learners next week and I'm ecstatic for the opportunity to be a part of that number!
~ #3... A learner filled classroom to call my home. ~
![]() |
| Stop by room 301 and use your (now) schema to connect... |

2 comments:
you are sooo special and you will shine!
I love that - stop "shrinking ourselves to make others comfortable." I loved teaching comp and teaching students they were more than they thought they were (of course, they didn't feel comfortable pushing themselves beyond more than they thought they were). I love, too, when my boys have teachers like you!
Post a Comment